Recently I shared with you a piece of my heritage and royal ancestry. In writing this, I was reminded I once wrote a paper in college about my family history. More specifically, how my parents journeyed to the States. I’d like to share my parent’s story with you, starting with my mom. (roughly translated from Vietnamese) […]
Last year, I visited family in Hue, Vietnam to discover my roots. For the longest time, I asked my dad why my last name was different from his. Mine is Bao, his is Vinh. He said it was because, “we come from a royal dynasty where the last name changes from generation to generation.” I […]
I know it’s long over, but here it is – Angkor in photos! Last July, we boarded a bumpy bus ride to cross the border from Vietnam to Cambodia. We know little about the country before coming here. In fact, the only reason Cambodia was on our list was because I wanted to see Angkor […]
Yes. I turned 30, I kissed farewell to my 20′s and am entering a new decade of my life. While I feel I’ve barely scratched the surface of seeing all the crazy things Earth has to offer… It’s good to look back and reflect on some of my most memorable moments around the globe. And […]
I went from corporate world to unemployed to career breaker to this. I really can’t sugar coat that title, it pretty much says it all. But before I make my big announcement, I’d like to share what it has been like for me since coming home from a year of travel. Reverse culture shock? Definitely. […]
GQ is currently...
- A Proposal in Prague. Yes, WE’RE ENGAGED! November 15, 2012
- VIDEO: Our Year in Travel January 31, 2013
- What We Hate About Australasia January 28, 2013
- Travel Photo Roulette #50 Theme – Play November 12, 2012
- My Parents’ Story – Boat Ride to Freedom November 25, 2013
- Visiting the royal tombs in Hue – turns out I’m royalty! November 13, 2013
- The World’s Dollar Menu October 29, 2013
- Exploring the ruins of Angkor, in photos October 22, 2013
- craig zabransky: Wow, now I know who to call when I finally visit V...
- craig zabransky: wow, powerful story... great courage. I am thankfu...
- Travel Blog Love: November, 2013 | Besudesu Abroad Travel Blog: […] Gerard translates his mother’s ins...
- lola: amazing story. i can completely understand why you...