When is the last time YOU had to pay $20 for edamame? Never is my answer. Until now. But dining sushi is highly recommended by those who have visited Rio — “You should definitely eat sushi”, they say. Naturally, we had Manu make reservations. Our sushi reservations kept changing from Togu to Ten Kai to Sushi [...]
Bargaining in Rio? Make sure you bring your A game (or chicken)! Let’s be honest. $7 Reais for a hand-crafted Brazilian bracelet is really nothing to sneeze about. But when you’re in Rio, on Ipanema beach with hundreds of beach vendors walking back and forth selling anything from beverages to food and bikinis to souvenirs, the [...]
One of the greatest pleasures of traveling abroad is making new friends. On this particular trip to S. America, we came out with two wins! Not only were we blessed to have friends from home join us in South America, but we left with great new memories and new friends we’ve made along the way. [...]
There’s no day in Rio de Janeiro like a day with Manu! 9:00pm: late night call. So I get this call in our hotel room not long after we checked in. And all I hear on the other end is, “Hey Baby.. Ready for tomorrow?” Right then and there I knew tomorrow was going to [...]
If you’re a foodies with a flair, Rio is just for you! Yes, food sold on the streets in Rio, or any where for that matter, can be sketchy for sure. My tip always, if it looks off or just not quite there, you’re probably right. Trust your gut and steer clear of the funny [...]
GQ is currently...
- VIDEO: Our Year in Travel January 31, 2013
- What We Hate About Australasia January 28, 2013
- On Being Home April 8, 2013
- Answering Our Most Commonly Asked Questions January 8, 2013
- Thailand: Travel Costs & Highlights May 20, 2013
- Where To Stay: Thailand May 13, 2013
- An Unexpected Career Path May 7, 2013
- Craving Italian in Prague? Eat here. April 29, 2013
- Ana Silva O\'Reilly: I am sure those planning to visit will find this v...
- Gerard ~ GQtrippin: You're right. After looking back at it. It HAD to...
- Alana - Paper Planes: Ah mosquitoes here...they never go away! Great bre...
- our go with oh bucket list: item five: [...] Credit: G&Q of GQ Trippin (WHO got engag...
Follow @GQtrippin on Twitter