Recently I shared with you a piece of my heritage and royal ancestry. In writing this, I was reminded I once wrote a paper in college about my family history. More specifically, how my parents journeyed to the States. I’d like to share my parent’s story with you, starting with my mom. (roughly translated from Vietnamese) […]
Last year, I visited family in Hue, Vietnam to discover my roots. For the longest time, I asked my dad why my last name was different from his. Mine is Bao, his is Vinh. He said it was because, “we come from a royal dynasty where the last name changes from generation to generation.” I […]
I know it’s long over, but here it is – Angkor in photos! Last July, we boarded a bumpy bus ride to cross the border from Vietnam to Cambodia. We know little about the country before coming here. In fact, the only reason Cambodia was on our list was because I wanted to see Angkor […]
Kuala Lumpur or KL is more than just shopping malls, tall buildings, luxury goods and cars. It’s all about the food and some of the best eats aren’t in fancy restaurants, but rather, the best food can be found in food centers and street eats. Eat with the tourist. Food Republic is located in the […]
The final wrap up from our time in the land of smiles! After 3-months of travel, we finally made it to our first SE Asia country and it was about time. We were growing tired of living on a backpacker’s budget. It was time to splurge a little for luxury in the land of smiles […]
GQ is currently...
- A Proposal in Prague. Yes, WE’RE ENGAGED! November 15, 2012
- VIDEO: Our Year in Travel January 31, 2013
- What We Hate About Australasia January 28, 2013
- Travel Photo Roulette #50 Theme – Play November 12, 2012
- My Parents’ Story – Boat Ride to Freedom November 25, 2013
- Visiting the royal tombs in Hue – turns out I’m royalty! November 13, 2013
- The World’s Dollar Menu October 29, 2013
- Exploring the ruins of Angkor, in photos October 22, 2013
- craig zabransky: Wow, now I know who to call when I finally visit V...
- craig zabransky: wow, powerful story... great courage. I am thankfu...
- Travel Blog Love: November, 2013 | Besudesu Abroad Travel Blog: […] Gerard translates his mother’s ins...
- lola: amazing story. i can completely understand why you...