Spent a week localizing in Sucre, Bolivia. This is what we ate. We spent a leisure week in Sucre, Bolivia vegging out. We did absolutely nothing but took Spanish lessons and ate some of the best food Bolivia has to offer. Here’s what we put in our tummies! Traditional Bolivian dishes from Mercado Central. We […]
It’s the most visited stop in Peru right after Machu Picchu – Lake Titicaca. And because it’s also fun to say I’m going to Titicaca like Beavis.. haha. Sitting above 12,500+ ft, Lake Titicaca is the highest navigable lake in the world. Andean legend states that civilization itself was born out of this lake when […]
Every country seem to have one – a chill out place for us to relax and unwind, no itineraries required: In Vietnam, it was Hoi An. In Thailand, it was Chiang Mai. Sucre in Bolivia. Udaipur in India. And for Peru, it’s Arequipa. Arequipa’s European influences, Baroque-style buildings and cobble roads makes the city easy […]
An oasis and a board. A day of sandboarding in Huacachina, Peru! We arrived into Ica from Arequipa by bus and hailed a taxi to drive us 20 minutes out to Huacachina. It’s a pretty random place. Have you ever seen those cartoons or movies where someone gets lost in the desert and start hallucinating […]
“When in Lima, stay in Miraflores,” we were told. So we did. And when in Miraflores, stay in and around Kennedy Park. It’s central and convenient, lots of options in terms of shops, restaurants and grocery stores. Basically, the ideal location for tourists. Having spent a leisure 5-days total in Miraflores, here are our top 5 […]
GQ is currently...
- A Proposal in Prague. Yes, WE’RE ENGAGED! November 15, 2012
- VIDEO: Our Year in Travel January 31, 2013
- What We Hate About Australasia January 28, 2013
- Travel Photo Roulette #50 Theme – Play November 12, 2012
- My Parents’ Story – Boat Ride to Freedom November 25, 2013
- Visiting the royal tombs in Hue – turns out I’m royalty! November 13, 2013
- The World’s Dollar Menu October 29, 2013
- Exploring the ruins of Angkor, in photos October 22, 2013
- craig zabransky: Wow, now I know who to call when I finally visit V...
- craig zabransky: wow, powerful story... great courage. I am thankfu...
- Travel Blog Love: November, 2013 | Besudesu Abroad Travel Blog: […] Gerard translates his mother’s ins...
- lola: amazing story. i can completely understand why you...