The final wrap up of our favorite country visited to date- Japan! We had very high expectations for Japan, and I am happy to report, Japan delivered. In fact, Japan surpassed our every expectations and more. When we were in China, we hit a wall and travel fatigue was seriously putting a damper on our […]
What is the difference between shabu shabu and sukiyaki? Let us eat. Shabu shabu and sukiyaki are two different types of Japanese cuisine where the food is prepared and cooked table side. Both are similar in style in that both used thinly sliced meat and vegetables and are usually served with a dipping sauce. However, […]
Looking to make use of your cell phone in Japan? Read this. We typically don’t bring a phone with us when we travel so we can disconnect. However on this RTW trip, having a working phone has been pretty helpful… especially when meeting up with other people abroad. Getting a SIM card in most countries […]
This is the many shades of our travel highlighted through sweet indulgences. Thanks to Two for the Road for the nomination and some Twitter encouragement from Abigail of Inside the Travel Lab, we have decided to take part in Travelsupermarket’s Capture the Colour competition. Not going to lie, we’re a bit intimated by what we […]
Warning: Reading may lead to instant cravings. Provocative and explicit photos included. Having sushi at Tsukiji fish market is a Tokyo must for any sushi enthusiasts. There are two legendary sushi restaurants at Building 6 – Sushi Dai and Daiwa Sushi – both serving similar set menus. We went to Sushi Dai because they had more […]
GQ is currently...
- A Proposal in Prague. Yes, WE’RE ENGAGED! November 15, 2012
- VIDEO: Our Year in Travel January 31, 2013
- What We Hate About Australasia January 28, 2013
- Travel Photo Roulette #50 Theme – Play November 12, 2012
- My Parents’ Story – Boat Ride to Freedom November 25, 2013
- Visiting the royal tombs in Hue – turns out I’m royalty! November 13, 2013
- The World’s Dollar Menu October 29, 2013
- Exploring the ruins of Angkor, in photos October 22, 2013
- craig zabransky: Wow, now I know who to call when I finally visit V...
- craig zabransky: wow, powerful story... great courage. I am thankfu...
- Travel Blog Love: November, 2013 | Besudesu Abroad Travel Blog: […] Gerard translates his mother’s ins...
- lola: amazing story. i can completely understand why you...