The final wrap up of our favorite country visited to date- Japan! We had very high expectations for Japan, and I am happy to report, Japan delivered. In fact, Japan surpassed our every expectations and more. When we were in China, we hit a wall and travel fatigue was seriously putting a damper on our […]
Eating out in Kyoto is a popular attraction in and of itself. Japan is one of my favorite food countries. It’s not simple, but rather refined. Simply put, it’s awesome and delicious. We ate well in Kyoto. Here are some of our favorite things we ate. Katsu I love the Kyoto train station – it […]
Brace yourselves! A few clicks here and there and bam!.. instant beautification. I remember cramming into those little photo booths at the mall with my friends back in junior high and taking silly photos making goofy faces and all. Yes, we were teenagers once. Times have not changed. At least not with us. We still […]
Temple-ing out is NOT an option. Our top 3 visits in Kyoto! When we were in Thailand, we tried to see too much in so little time that we were temple’d out by Day 3, and that’s the last thing you want because you start to lose interest, and worse, not appreciate them for what […]
Any trip to Kyoto wouldn’t be complete without a visit to Nara. Nara is a great half-day trip from Kyoto, located just a short 45 minute train ride from Kyoto. According to local folklore, deer from this area were once considered sacred animals, like cows in India, that if anyone was caught killing a deer, […]
GQ is currently...
- A Proposal in Prague. Yes, WE’RE ENGAGED! November 15, 2012
- VIDEO: Our Year in Travel January 31, 2013
- What We Hate About Australasia January 28, 2013
- Travel Photo Roulette #50 Theme – Play November 12, 2012
- My Parents’ Story – Boat Ride to Freedom November 25, 2013
- Visiting the royal tombs in Hue – turns out I’m royalty! November 13, 2013
- The World’s Dollar Menu October 29, 2013
- Exploring the ruins of Angkor, in photos October 22, 2013
- craig zabransky: Wow, now I know who to call when I finally visit V...
- craig zabransky: wow, powerful story... great courage. I am thankfu...
- Travel Blog Love: November, 2013 | Besudesu Abroad Travel Blog: […] Gerard translates his mother’s ins...
- lola: amazing story. i can completely understand why you...