6 weekend getaways in 6 months, you can say I’ve got this weekend packing list down to a science!
Since being home, I have packed for a weekend in Sonoma wine country, a quick trip to Southern California and the occasional raging bachelorette parties in Las Vegas. I pretty much pack the same basics and essentials with minor modifications depending on location, climate and occasion. But all in all, it’s a solid weekend getaway packing list.
Can I tell you how happy I am Gerard won our Tom Bihn Tri-Star luggage in a contest a while back?! It has become my go-to luggage for all weekend trips. It’s my smedium size luggage that has all the compartments to fit my OCD packing habits. I like to wear it as a backpack but it can be carried by handle or strapped on like a shoulder bag also. Did I mention it’s also carry-on size? It’s literally the perfect weekender bag.
- Tom Bihn Tri-Star
- 2 Tom Bihn Packing Cubes in Small
- Tom Bihn Snake Charmer used as toiletry kit
- Messenger bag
- Make-up bag
- 1 LBD, little black dress or a sundress that can be worn for day or night
- 1 light sweater
- 1 t-shirt or tank top
- 1 cute and flirty top
- 1 dressy top to be worn for day or night, great with a pair of dark denim for evening out
- 2 bras (wirefree bras pack really well for me)
- 1 denim
- 1 everyday casual pants
- 1 pajama
- 1 pair of socks
- 3 underwear (Exofficio travels well)
Nude is the new black! I am convinced nude shoes are the most versatile color for shoes, it goes with everything and everywhere. Plus, it’s appropriate for day or night. It pairs perfectly with skinny denim and a tank top as well as your LBD for a night on the town. And choose a wedge, they’re cute and way more comfortable than heels.
- 1 pair of nude wedges
- 1 pair of cute sandals
- 1 pair of comfortable flats – I pack my Toms everywhere
- 1 sunglasses
- hair ties/bobby pins
- jewelry – earrings, watch, ring, necklace
- face wash
- L’Oreal Active Daily Moisture Lotion with SPF15
- Jergens’ Aloe Fresh lotion
- chapstick with SPF15
- Moroccan argan oil shampoo + conditioner
- body wash + loofah
- deodorant + perfume
- nail filer
- contact lens/solution/eye drops
- Mini Chi hair straightener
- Hand sanitizer
- 5×7 make-up bag
- bareMinerals SPF 15 matte foundation/ mineral veil with SPF 25/ laughter blush
- benefit’s play sticks in jump rope
- eye primer/ eyeshadow quad/ eyeliner/ mascara/ curler
- Asthma inhaler
- Zip-lock bag
- Cell phone charger
- Driver’s license
- e-ticket or airline confirmation
- debit/credit card
It’s good to note everything I listed in Accessories, Toiletry, Medicine and Miscellaneous all fits neatly into the Tom Bihn’s Snake Charmer. The Snake Charmer is actually meant for power supply, cords and other small electronics. I don’t use it for this. Instead, I think it’s a great toiletry kit.
For wine tasting in Napa Valley or wine country in general,
Swap the sundress and light sweater and pack a maxi dress paired with a fitted blazer instead. The fitted blazer will help add a touch of evening to the maxi dress, appropriate for an award winning dinner in wine country.
For the typical Las Vegas Bachelorette weekend,
I would ditch the tamed LBD for 2 Vegas-appropriate “slutty” dresses + 1 romper, great for day time pool parties. Ditch the light sweater, denim, and closed-toe flats for these: foldable flats (Girls, you know why. And don’t even tell me you bare foot it from the club back to the hotel.. that’s just gross!), evening purse/clutch, 1 short, 2 fun and flirty tank tops and 1 bikini.
And here’s how it all looks neatly packed in my Tom Bihn – pants and light sweater on one side, dress and tops in 1 small packing cube, bras and undies in the other small packing cube. Shoes, toiletry and miscellaneous stored in the middle compartment.
There you have it – my weekend in a bag.
What’s your weekender essential you can’t travel without?
Psst.. Tom Bihn graciously provided me accessories to go with my Tri-Star. As always, all opinions are my own. These article may also contain affiliate links to help us continue trippin.