I packed 8 months of travel clothes into a carry-on size backpack.
Osprey Porter 46. I must have gone through a new pack for every trip we’ve taken. Most resemble the backpacker’s pack — you know, the ones you see all throughout Europe for first time backpackers. Yup, those. So the Osprey is a bit of a departure and thank goodness for that. A big requirement for me was that my backpack had to be carry-on size and front-loading for easy access.
Packing Aids include:
- Northface Borealis Daypack
- Crumpler 3 Million Dollar Home Camera Bag
- Eagle Creek Packing Envelope
- eBags Packing Cube
- 4 t-shirts
- 1 s/s button-up shirt
- 1 l/s button-up shirt
- 1 base layer (Patagonia Capilene 2)
- 2 tank tops
- 1 thin layer hoodie
- 1 Patagonia Men’s Simple Guide Jacket
- 1 denim
- 1 convertible cargo pants
- 1 pairs of shorts
- 1 athletic shorts
- 1 pair swim trunks
- sunglasses (Raybans)
- 1 pair of Keen Newport H2 (ugly, but so functional)
- 1 pair of Reef sandals
- 1 black sneakers
- 6 pairs of underwear (Mainly Exofficio)
- 3 pairs of socks
- 1 quick dry travel towel
I recently posted my gadget list of devices I believe is essential for travel, more importantly, for long-term travel. And since Q’s packing Toiletry and Medicine for the both of us, I’ve got all the gadgets. Here’s the list (again) in short.
- Nikon D90 w/ 18-105mm & 35mm 1.8 lenses
- Canon S95
- Kindle Touch 3G
- Netbook Acer Aspire Timeline X 11.6″
- Droid Incredible 2
- iPod Touch
- Garmin Nuvi GPS & iPod car adapter for road trip through New Zealand
- TSA lock (2)
- TSA lock with cable (1)
- Inflatable travel neck pillow
- camera / iPod Touch & iPad / Notebook / Droid charger
- car adapter for iPod touch (for NZ road trip)
- Dicapac waterproof camera case
- Retainers (very important to maintain that smile)
- extra passport photos
- air tickets
- driver’s license
- bank card + credit card
Total weight: 23 lbs
You probably noticed that I didn’t pack any toiletries or medication. You can find that on Q’s packing list since I’m carrying the gadgets.
For this kind of long-term trip, I found that it’s worth investing in packing cubes and quality travel clothes that are quick dry (like my Exofficio underwear and sports socks).
So there’s my list!
So what do you guys think of my packing? Did I forget anything or pack too much?