Hope. Defeat. A break-through. Highs and lows. An unexpected twist. And fate. That pretty much sums the last 5-months for me. To say I’ve been through a process is an understatement. I’ve been through hell.. job hunting hell. Upon returning home from a year of travel, I knew I had two options: I was hoping [...]
Over the years, our traveling style, habits and staying preferences have changed. When we first traveled abroad, we stayed in hostels for budget reasons. Hotels were expensive and apartment rentals weren’t even a thing yet. Now, having traveled together for nearly a decade, we have a pretty good idea on how to find the best [...]
Q’s perspective of what it’s been like and life after long-term travel. Since Gerard’s career announcement post, some of you have been asking how things have been going for me so I thought I’d take this time to catch you all up. Reverse culture shock? No, not really. Unlike Gerard, I adjusted back into the [...]
I went from corporate world to unemployed to career breaker to this. I really can’t sugar coat that title, it pretty much says it all. But before I make my big announcement, I’d like to share what it has been like for me since coming home from a year of travel. Reverse culture shock? Definitely. [...]
Beyond the Big Macs and fries – McDonald’s and its secret menu! We rarely venture the fast food route when at home, but there’s something about McDonald’s abroad – in China, Peru or Germany – that is comforting. While we always aim to eat local, sometimes it’s nice to have a little piece of America, [...]
GQ is currently...
- VIDEO: Our Year in Travel January 31, 2013
- What We Hate About Australasia January 28, 2013
- On Being Home April 8, 2013
- Answering Our Most Commonly Asked Questions January 8, 2013
- Thailand: Travel Costs & Highlights May 20, 2013
- Where To Stay: Thailand May 13, 2013
- An Unexpected Career Path May 7, 2013
- Craving Italian in Prague? Eat here. April 29, 2013
- Gerard ~ GQtrippin: You're right. After looking back at it. It HAD to...
- Alana - Paper Planes: Ah mosquitoes here...they never go away! Great bre...
- our go with oh bucket list: item five: [...] Credit: G&Q of GQ Trippin (WHO got engag...
- The World Wanderer: Love this list, and love that it's going to come ...
Follow @GQtrippin on Twitter