When is the last time YOU had to pay $20 for edamame? Never is my answer. Until now. But dining sushi is highly recommended by those who have visited Rio — “You should definitely eat sushi”, they say. Naturally, we had Manu make reservations. Our sushi reservations kept changing from Togu to Ten Kai to Sushi […]
Bargaining in Rio? Make sure you bring your A game (or chicken)! Let’s be honest. $7 Reais for a hand-crafted Brazilian bracelet is really nothing to sneeze about. But when you’re in Rio, on Ipanema beach with hundreds of beach vendors walking back and forth selling anything from beverages to food and bikinis to souvenirs, the […]
Welcome! Find out who we are, hear our story and start trippin’. Our Story. Our names are Gerard and Kieu. G for short, and Q because, well, that’s exactly how you pronounce it. Together, we’re GQ – newly engaged couple who share a common passion for all things food and travel. We live in the Bay.. San […]
One of the greatest pleasures of traveling abroad is making new friends. On this particular trip to S. America, we came out with two wins! Not only were we blessed to have friends from home join us in South America, but we left with great new memories and new friends we’ve made along the way. […]
There’s no day in Rio de Janeiro like a day with Manu! 9:00pm: late night call. So I get this call in our hotel room not long after we checked in. And all I hear on the other end is, “Hey Baby.. Ready for tomorrow?” Right then and there I knew tomorrow was going to […]
GQ is currently...
- A Proposal in Prague. Yes, WE’RE ENGAGED! November 15, 2012
- VIDEO: Our Year in Travel January 31, 2013
- What We Hate About Australasia January 28, 2013
- Travel Photo Roulette #50 Theme – Play November 12, 2012
- My Parents’ Story – Boat Ride to Freedom November 25, 2013
- Visiting the royal tombs in Hue – turns out I’m royalty! November 13, 2013
- The World’s Dollar Menu October 29, 2013
- Exploring the ruins of Angkor, in photos October 22, 2013
- craig zabransky: Wow, now I know who to call when I finally visit V...
- craig zabransky: wow, powerful story... great courage. I am thankfu...
- Travel Blog Love: November, 2013 | Besudesu Abroad Travel Blog: […] Gerard translates his mother’s ins...
- lola: amazing story. i can completely understand why you...